MedApps Pty Ltd ACN 605 294 960 (collectively, ‘MedApps’, ‘we’ or ‘our’) has developed various online applications that provide information management, hospital workflow management and other products and services. In addition, MedApps makes available the services at www.medapps.com.au and any other websites through which MedApps makes the services available (collectively, the Applications)
Collection of information from users
Use of the Application or our other products or services by the users may require us to collect personal information from the user.
Information we collect
Personal information generally refers to information that identifies an individual or from which an individual’s identity can reasonably be ascertained.
When you use the Application or our other products or services, we may collect personal information from you. The main ways we will collect personal information from you will be:
- where you provide personal information to us. For example, if you register to use the Application or our other products or services we may ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, postal/zip code and the organisation you are employed by; and
- where we collect personal information about you as an incidence of you using the Application or our other products or services, for example information regarding the content you upload to the Application or information regarding the comments or other material you post using the Application.
If you acquire the Application or acquire other products or services from us you may be required to provide payment information, such as credit card details, debit card details, payment gateway details or other similar payment details. This information will be collected by our third party payment services provider and will not be collected, stored or used by us.
How we use your personal information
We collect and may use your personal information for the purposes of providing you with access to and use of the Application or our other products and services and for any necessary related purposes. These related purposes include:
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- facilitating our internal business operations;
- identifying and informing you of products and services that may be of interest to you (for which we may receive a fee from a third party);
- responding to queries and feedback you submit to us;
- planning, research, product development and customisation;
- website analytics;
- any legal requirements which we must comply with; and
- making educational and other material available to you.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to us. However, without certain personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with access to or use of the Application or our other products or services.
How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose for which we collect it (for example to provide you with access to the Application or our other products or services) or for other purposes where you have consented to the disclosure. You consent to us using your personal information for the purpose of making available to you, information and services produced by a third party that may be relevant to you. You acknowledge that we may receive a fee from that third party for distributing such information services accessible to you.
We may disclose your personal information to service providers or other partners we appoint to assist us in providing you with access to and use the Application or our other products or services. Any such disclosures will be made on a confidential basis and will require the service provider or other partner to comply with appropriate privacy obligations.
We may also disclose your personal information to a law enforcement agency, government authority, the organisation you are employed by where we reasonably believe such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with any applicable and enforceable law, regulation, governmental or law enforcement request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues relating to the Application or our other products or services; or
- protect against harm or potential harm to us, our users or any other persons.
Personal information we collect from you may be stored or hosted by third party data hosting providers appointed by us. As a result, we may disclose your personal information to data hosting or other similar service providers located in the United States of America, Australia or the United Kingdom.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by our authorised staff.
Can you access the personal information that we hold about you?
You have a right to access your personal information that is collected and held by us. If at any time you would like to access or change the personal information we hold about you, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please let us know.
To obtain access to your personal information, we may request that you provide us with proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access to your personal information within 30 days from your request. In less complex cases, we will attempt to provide information within 14 days.
If providing you with such access requires a detailed retrieval of your personal information, a fee may be charged for the cost of such retrieval and supply of information.
Amendments to policy
Our policy may be updated from time to time. We will ensure the current version of the policy is available on the Applications.
How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, please contact our us at [email protected]
Please direct all privacy complaints to our Chief Operating Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly; and
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner.
We will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following the completion of the investigation.